Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Heard You Missed Us...We're Baaaaack!

Yeah, okay, so.

What you're called to do? It's not optional. Thanks Nate, for the sermon.

What this means is that New Song Underground lives again! Hopefully the lessons learned last time have made me wiser.

Hopefully.

Maybe.

Instead of a regular website, I've opted for a blog. I figure that it's better than a regular website with a regular calendar, because it's easier to configure and manage (it's a content management system with no software to install!), and people who want to get continual updates can subscribe to the feed.

I had grand visions of hosting audio through the webserver set up for New Song Underground, but somebody bought newsongunderground.com out from under me while I wasn't paying attention. I suppose I could get newsongunderground.net.

Maybe.

We'll see.

I'm non-committal because I don't know if hosting audio is really that important to me or not.

So there ya go.

Bottom line: Utah bands, we're here for you. We want you to have a place to play, so make use of us. The plan is to be "the venue that loves you," and though I'm sure we'll screw up royally along the way, we're going to try hard.

See, that couple of sentences would never make it out of a marketing department. I have an engineering mentality though. Truth before hype.

No comments: