Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gig Report: Jan 3rd

Self Promoted:

Empire of the Forgotten
Hotel on Baltic
The Dockets
Alternate Projection
The Sweater Friends
Unknown Anthem
Junior Giant

Huge show.  Tons of bands, tons of gear, tons of audience.  Alex from Empire did a great job in setting the show up, and then keeping it on track.  We actually ran ahead of schedule, which is almost unheard of.  My new "monitor method" of basically starting at full throttle for the vocals seemed to work well - I think I'm going to keep it.

Had a pretty substantial equipment failure near the end of Hotel on Baltic's set, because I was running everything very hard.  The Furman power management system (just a glorified surge protector with rack ears) popped its internal breaker, and shut down the entire PA.  Took a minute to find and diagnose, because every other breaker I've tripped has been at the actual service panel.  Another first!

No comments: